Material Change (unplanned) to all cabinets in a plan

wpdesigninc

Looking for some help on an issue I am having with a plan. I made some changes to cabinets in a room (from white painted to walnut) and when I reopened the plan a few hours later, many of the formerly white cabinets in my plan were now walnut. Cabinets that were painted a different color or wood finish, did not change.  I looked at my default settings and the cabinets are still set to white for base, wall, full height, etc but in my plan most cabinets are now walnut. Looking for some guidance on what I might have done to achieve this result and how I can undo the selection without going through the entire plan and changing each cabinet back to white painted cabinetry. 

Yes, I used those tools a lot but material dropper and painter tool will not change the finish of the cabinets - just the color. When I use this tool, the walnut cabinet turns white but still has a wood finish. Originally, it was a white painted cabinet with no texture.  Is there a way to change the finish on all the cabinets back to a white painted wood (without any grain displayed)?

20 minutes ago, wpdesigninc said:

Yes, I used those tools a lot but material dropper and painter tool will not change the finish of the cabinets - just the color. When I use this tool, the walnut cabinet turns white but still has a wood finish. Originally, it was a white painted cabinet with no texture.  Is there a way to change the finish on all the cabinets back to a white painted wood (without any grain displayed)?

Try hitting the f1 key when you are using those tools.  Search for use default.

24 minutes ago, wpdesigninc said:

Turn off Blend Colors with Materials.  And like some of the other guys have already mentioned, take advantage of the Help files.  

Thanks all for your suggestions. The issue was most likely a case of changing a material to one item with the painter that applied to all those materials in the plan. The referenced help videos were (as usual) a great refresher on how the paint tools work. Happy New Year!