User catalogs

BnCKelley

Ok, first I hope everyone has had a safe and Merry Christmas. I've got a question that hopefully only has 1 answer. We have created our own library (items) and used them throughout the last 6 or so houses we've designed. I'm wanting to purge the library and start all over with new items. Is it possible to, empty, purge or delete the user library without disturbing these existing houses? What would happen to everything I've placed in the plans from the library? Thanks and Happy New Year!

That's what I wanted to hear! So if I use something in my layout does it "unassociate" itself with the library completely, jc? Like I insert a window then later edit the window in the library and re-save it, does it change in the layout? Thanks again

Just to clarify, you can remove or modify pretty much anything in the library and it should not affect any existing plans.  Plans are pretty much self-contained (with a few caveats I will list below) because when you use a library object in a plan, we make a copy of it and keep the copy with the plan.

The exception to this is with the following things that can contain an external file reference:

- picture or pdf boxes.  These can be set to "save in plan" which will then remove the external file reference

- materials and images/billboards

• Upvote 1