Sharing Schedules/Details between projects.

AtlasBuildingGp

Hi, newish chief user here. Premier X12.  Is there anyway to copy schedules between different projects. I have my schedules in Details, so I can send it to mutable layout pages per plan. But if I try and copy/paste the schedules from one project to another, it just shows up blank. Is there anyway around having to re-type the schedules between different projects.?

Also how can I place a pre-existing numbered note-tag? If the number 4 is already assigned and I want to place another number 4 note tag, is my only option to copy/paste the tag or can you change the number on a fresh note-tag

7 minutes ago, AtlasBuildingGp said:

Is there anyway to copy schedules between different projects. I have my schedules in Details, so I can send it to mutable layout pages per plan. But if I try and copy/paste the schedules from one project to another, it just shows up blank.

Can you elaborate on this?  It should only be blank if there's nothing in the plan to populate the schedule...in which case I would expect it to be blank. 

9 minutes ago, AtlasBuildingGp said:

Also how can I place a pre-existing numbered note-tag? If the number 4 is already assigned and I want to place another number 4 note tag, is my only option to copy/paste the tag or can you change the number on a fresh note-tag

You have to copy/paste however you can make really quick work of this process and of editing that particular note by familiarizing yourself with the Find Object in Plan tool and the Open Row Object(s) tool. 

I was trying to copy a schedule from one project to another, I understand that without placing a tag and giving it the information, the schedule will be blank. However i was trying to forgo having to re type each tag for every plan, like importing in the info, or something similar. 

Thanks for the tip about saving the Detail in the template, however this does not solve the dilemma of having to re-type the note/schedules in the other 8 projects i have going on. 

I am a new chief user for a new company and they needed layouts quick. So i made all the projects without having a Template set up. I am building the drawings/construction doc from scratch. I can now make a template with all the info i need but this doesn't help the existing projects.  I guess my next question, can i copy and paste a whole house into a new project file that used the template? 

11 hours ago, AtlasBuildingGp said:

I was trying to copy a schedule from one project to another, I understand that without placing a tag and giving it the information, the schedule will be blank. However i was trying to forgo having to re type each tag for every plan, like importing in the info, or something similar. 

Group select your notes and simply copy/paste into the other plan.  Paste them off to the side and delete the unnecessary duplicates.Easy peasy.  You can also simply save commonly used notes to your library and just place them from there.