Macros

mscpbd

Does anyone have a macro set they would be willing to share to sell a set of macros?  The macro are one area I have not jumped into.  Are macros something I could import from one version to another? I have SSA and will be upgrading from X12 to X13, whenever it comes out.

4 minutes ago, mscpbd said:

I'll be honest, I don't know what I can do with them so I was hoping someone would have a set that I could get learn more and save time by using. 

I wouldn't recommend this approach at all.  Text macros can be used for such a broad range of purposes and in such a broad range of ways that you could get totally lost without knowing what the specific macro(s) were for and exactly how they were intended to be used.  If you jump in too quickly with both feet and without testing the waters, I think you're likely to get overwhelmed, jump back out, and never try to swim again. The best approach in my opinion is to start with the basics and then take it from there.  Shoot me over an email if you're interested in discussing further.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Macros can be exported and then imported into any plan or layout.  Generally they are not version specific but some older macros won't work in version X11 and later.  Currently I don't know of any coming changes that would effect macros written for X11 or X12.

I have a lot of macros that I sell and some I provide free of charge.  The macros I sell are more complex than the free macros.

I also do custom macros - price depends on amount of time required.

Let me know what you need and I can put together a cost for those.

• 1 month later...