Ipad Pro Users

builtright3

Anyone know of a forum or discussion for ways to use Chief Architect with Ipad pro? I need to find out more about it and do some research but I don't know where to start. 

I hear one way is to connect remotely to my computer to use it but I was also wondering if I can download the program on the Ipad?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You

Chief Architect is not available for iPad because it is a different OS for mobile devices. (Although I guess a laptop is still fairly mobile. ;)) The iPad Pro uses a similar operating system to the iPhone. You can use the Chief Viewer, but that's about it. iPad Pro is a wonderful device, but it won't run Chief.

I bring an IPad to the site and use CADMATE which is a DWG viewer so I can at least measure off the plan while on site.

Of course I have to export the plans to DWG format, which I usually do anyways for sharing with non-chiefer folk. 

It’s a free App and works great on either iPad or iPhone. 

link to app...
https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/cadmate-dwg-viewer/id1436941904

14 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

I bring an IPad to the site and use CADMATE which is a DWG viewer so I can at least measure off the plan while on site.

I have lately become highly impressed with the Morpholio Trace app on an iPad. The pro version is, I think, $20/yr. You can bring a set of PDFs to the jobsite and mark them up, also using as many layers of tracing paper as you need if you want to discuss anything with a contractor or client. The UI is amazing, and includes all sorts of drawing aids and tools. It's brought the fun back into sketching ideas by hand.  

I've gone back to sketching as-builts on my iPad as well. I find it quicker overall to complete. Also easier to just carry the iPad, laser and tape as opposed to lugging around a laptop on site. In addition to Morpholio Trace, there's Procreate which is also very good (I have both). Lots of brush choices, stamps, as many layers as you like, etc.

I love drawing with the Apple Pencil over pen and paper because you can easily undo or erase when you screw up! There's also something about a nice architectural sketch that is just so satisfying, though mine look nowhere near as good as Robert's!!! Nicely done btw!

I picked up some good tips from this guy and bought his Procreate pack. It was well worth it.

https://architect-entrepreneur.teachable.com/p/30x40-s-procreate-pack

37 minutes ago, Rpadge said:

I am using Mophio Trace as well and have been very happy with it. I use a rough-surfaced screen protector to help with the sketching. Here is a prelim sketch I did for a project using the program.

Really nice sketch!! I think clients respond well to these sketches since it looks like they're working with an artistic/creative type. (And they are!)

Good point about the screen protector. I use that, too. No fun drawing on glass.

Thanks guy! I really appreciate the input. I will be trying different ideas and seeing which one is best suited for me so all these Ideas are great! I'm most likely will purchase the Ipad pro at some point so whatever I do it will involve that.
Sure would be nice if I could download Chief on it.

On 12/30/2020 at 10:07 AM, LevisL said:

I've gone back to sketching as-builts on my iPad as well. I find it quicker overall to complete. Also easier to just carry the iPad, laser and tape as opposed to lugging around a laptop on site. In addition to Morpholio Trace, there's Procreate which is also very good (I have both). Lots of brush choices, stamps, as many layers as you like, etc.

I love drawing with the Apple Pencil over pen and paper because you can easily undo or erase when you screw up! There's also something about a nice architectural sketch that is just so satisfying, though mine look nowhere near as good as Robert's!!! Nicely done btw!

I picked up some good tips from this guy and bought his Procreate pack. It was well worth it.

https://architect-entrepreneur.teachable.com/p/30x40-s-procreate-pack

This guys is great! Thank You

On 12/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, Michael_Gia said:

Of course I have to export the plans to DWG format, which I usually do anyways for sharing with non-chiefer folk. 

It’s a free App and works great on either iPad or iPhone. 

link to app...
https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/cadmate-dwg-viewer/id1436941904

Cad mate is great example of what we need for Chief. Nice App thank you!

Thank you guys for helping me with some great Ideas!

I decided to give back by sharing what has most inspired me after getting some of your direction. Here is what I came up with and I'm sure I will use all these tools depending on what I my needs are.

Remote with Ipad to Chief in computer:

"Shapr3D" Create Funiture:

"Pro Create":

"Morpholio Trace"
https://www.google.com/search?q=morpholio+trace+tutorial&oq=Mophio+Trace&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i13i457j0i13l6.4286j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_UjPvX7jbI5nA0PEP5ZyHSA12