Temporary (we hope) heads up downloading libraries

MarkMc

Right now if you download a library using Firefox it comes in as a zip file instead of calibz. I tried changing the extension and that did not solve the problem as near as we could tell (but there was another issue so maybe it did) anyway, use Edge or Chrome until they tell us this is fixed.

14 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Right now if you download a library using Firefox it comes in as a zip file instead of calibz. I tried changing the extension and that did not solve the problem as near as we could tell (but there was another issue so maybe it did) anyway, use Edge or Chrome until they tell us this is fixed.

It has worked that way as far back as I know Mark.  It's automatically decompressed during the download process.  I have always just clicked Save File and then double clicked to load it into Chief after its downloaded. Easy peasy.

32 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

It has worked that way as far back as I know Mark.  It's automatically decompressed during the download process.  I have always just clicked Save File and then double clicked to load it into Chief after its downloaded.

Go ahead and download one with firefox today...It is coming in with an extension of .zip. Double click a dot zip file in windows and it opens as in windows explorer not into Chief. Can't use import library from within Chief for it either.  Was on the phone with support and they are aware of it and told me to use other browser.

I have a couple of hundred libraries downloaded and all are calibz, only two downloaded today came as .zip.

I just checked and changing the extension does work though, as noted had another issue with caching.

14 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Go ahead and download one with firefox today...It is coming in with an extension of .zip. Double click a dot zip file in windows and it opens as in windows explorer not into Chief. Can't use import library from within Chief for it either.  Was on the phone with support and they are aware of it and told me to use other browser.

I have a couple of hundred libraries downloaded and all are calibz, only two downloaded today came as .zip.

I just checked and changing the extension does work though, as noted had another issue with caching.

I already tested today and it works fine.

Today.thumb.jpg.532644db3c28455c9a2cba94b4b99045.jpg

2 hours ago, MarkMc said:

No idea what support is on.

I’d venture to guess that it varies from technician to technician.  It seems like it would be in their best interest to run on multiple configurations just so they have a feel for what a broad range of users may be experiencing.

I've used Firefox for many years (on the latest version now) and have never encountered this problem. I just downloaded several libraries yesterday without issue, perhaps it's a Windows problem.