CAD Block Management mystery

Michael_Gia

I don’t know why I have such a hard time with this. 
I usually just accept the Auto generated 2D CAD Block but sometime I want to get fancy. 

I draw a rectangular polyline and add another cad line and change it to dashed.  I group selected the two items and hit “Make CAD Block”. I add it to my library but then I can’t find it anywhere in the CAD Block Management window list. 

How to add my newly created cad block?

Also I’ve done this before and somehow magically added a cad block I’ve created but it doesn’t maintain the line styles when assigning it to a Symbol?   Is there any trick to that as well? 

Yes, I’ve watched all the videos ans read the help files. 

Can anyone help? 

2138741586_ScreenShot2020-12-27at12_23_04PM.thumb.png.32c3befa9ab3444aa460d02e0fd4ef3e.png

As for line styles sticking when making blocks, I know that they will sometimes lose the line styles when you associate them with a symbol. I don’t know if it’s all symbol types, but I’ve seen with electrical symbols. If you explode some of the stock cad blocks associated with symbols, you’ll see that the dashed lines are actually individual line segments (I know dishwashers are like that for sure) It’s annoying though. I wish the line styles would just work.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, LevisL said:

Did you name your cad block after you made it (before adding it to the library)?

Yes, I did. 

OOOPS! I named it in the library but didn’t name by Opening the CadBlock. 
Wow, I didn’t realize that naming it in the library would not automatically rename the cadBlock. 

I still can’t maintain the dashed lines though. 

12 minutes ago, LevisL said:

the dashed lines are actually individual line segments (I know dishwashers are like that for sure) It’s annoying though. I wish the line styles would just work.

Yup, that’s the solution. 

Thanks!

203083737_ScreenShot2020-12-27at12_48_08PM.thumb.png.b50cbfeca6cb93b2ffd30e1e0fcf8bfa.png