Window Dimensioning

NMutch

I'm missing something and I'm sure it's simple.

In chief when I dimension a window it seems to dimension the glass.

I am a supplier as well and when I build a window in my window manufacturers software it references the outside of the frame as well as tip to tip and rough openings required.

Is there a way to build a 24" x 24" window that means 24" is outside of frame requiring a 25 1/4" Rough opening?

Thanks in advance.

40 minutes ago, NMutch said:

Is there a way to build a 24" x 24" window that means 24" is outside of frame requiring a 25 1/4" Rough opening?

Image is default behavior with rough set to 1/2" each side which is OOB. Does what you are asking for.

image.thumb.png.95e1df7eb2826792892cfb1ab351ce71.png

What's the meaning of "glass" as relating to size?

How does outside of frame differ from tip to tip?

Have you looked closely at the entire specification dialog for windows, and tried things out?

When dimensioning, do you want to dimension to sides of unit?  Sides of rough opening?  Center?

On 12/23/2020 at 11:53 AM, NMutch said:

I'm missing something and I'm sure it's simple.

In chief when I dimension a window it seems to dimension the glass.

I am a supplier as well and when I build a window in my window manufacturers software it references the outside of the frame as well as tip to tip and rough openings required.

Thanks in advance.

This is how Chief Works ....for windows it is the Jamb/Frame size that is used, for Doors it is the Door size and the Frame is outside that.

You would need to set your default RO to 5/8 each side ( Window Defaults>Framing) for it to show a 24" wide window at 25 1/4" RO

M.