Square Footage - Total Living

JerryB334

Hi I have a 2 story home.  The first floor shows the total "Living Area" square footage total, which seems to be accurate.  The second floor, however, does not have the "Living Area" square footage, even when I select in on the default settings.  Additionally, I was hoping maybe it was a running total with the first floor living area but it is not.  Can someone help me determine if I am doing something wrong here?

You might not have any enclosed rooms on the second floor.  Or you might not have any rooms that are included in the living area calculations.  Or you might have manually deleted the living area and need to use the plan check tool to bring it back. Or...

You might want to check out this help article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00424/changing-how-square-footage-is-calculated.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"and once again this Gremlin strikes"

I would hardly consider the ability to use plan check to bring back a manually deleted living area a "gremlin".  It's just another tool that can be helpful, but only if you know how to use it.  There are other ways to regenerate the living area label as well as ways to create your own manual living area label but those all take more work to explain.

Currently, there isn't even any indication that this will solve the original poster's problem, just a guess, and you should note that it was actually 3rd in my list of guesses.

Some of your posts are getting to be a lot like houseguests, after about 3 times, they are starting to smell a bit, well, fishy. :)

Dermot:

sorry, but your reply is "fishy"

for decades now this issue has popped up time and again

obviously, doing a plan check is not intuitive and is not "user friendly"

but if CA likes to frustrate its users - then so be it ...

if if can be fixed via plan check then it can be fixed via a dedicated "living area" tool and placed where a user might be expected to look for it

Lew