Porch roof over main roof

Jambruins

How do I get a front porch roof to be installed over the main house roof.  Something like the attached picture.  I know how to do it manually but is there a way to do it with auto roofs?

In my drawing the front porch wall is being treated like a hip so my main roof is going from the front of the porch to the back wall instead of from the front house wall to the back wall. 

roof I want to model.jpg

my roof.jpg

Your example photo looks NOTHING like your Chief plan file image, so I do not know what to tell you other than generally speaking, if you want an "Auto-Roof" solution then you have to tell the software what you wish to do by way of several settings that YOU must think through and accomplish before you order a "Build Roofs" command:

1. Ceiling height or the baseline of auto-roof planes is set by the ceiling heights of enclosed spaces by way of Room Specification Dialog box - ceiling height input boxes.

2. Your roof intentions can and should be communicated to the software by way of the settings on specific walls in the "Roof Tab" of the "Wall Specification Dialogs - Roof Tab"

3. there are other tools for specific changes for windows (you select a window and in the "Edit Toolbar" you select "Gable over this window" to obtain a small gable of the selected window

4. There is a manual "Gable Line Tool" for manually laying out where you wish gables to appear after ordering a "Build Roof" command.

In closing, there is no substitute for a strong intention to become competent in using this software. YOU FIND OUT  by regular study, fail and succeed practice sessions on a regular basis off your usual production time. If you are not willing to self-learn on your own time, then just concentrate on what you do like to do and hire someone that has taken the time to obtain competence. Be honest with yourself and your own intentions, decide and then act. But DO something about it and if you do you will increase your competence, that IS how it works.

DJP

I know my plan doesn't look like the other plan.  I am just asking how to get the front porch roof to be a shed type roof extending up on to the main roof.

You can see in my picture my main house roof extends to the front of the porch (basically making one roof).  I want the main house roof to end on the front wall of the house and then have the porch shed style roof extend up onto the house.

I understand what you are saying about changing the wall/roof inputs to get the roof to change but that is what I am trying to figure out. I'm assuming I need to change my front house wall and some setting with it but I can't figure it out.

As Eric has already alluded to, try to really take advantage of the resources Chief has provided.  Particularly, I would recommend learning to take advantage of The Help files.  The tab Eric shows above will take you to some very good information in those files.  Even better in my opinion is to very carefully read through the options in the various dialogs, and any time you have a questions as to what the setting is for, click the little Help button down in the corner.  In this case, clicking Help and reading through the various options should ultimately lead you here...

HELP.thumb.jpg.1c5a855ea48a1a58fcf9260825d75a01.jpg

...to the Upper Pitch setting...which is what I believe you are after.