Lintels are flat

stevenyhof

Hello, can someone help me understand how to make my lintel crown molding to extrude? Right now it is like 1" - it was drawn as a profile of like 4" by 6" tall.

When I change the casing to be thicker, only the casing gets thicker. Not that I want it to, but trying to understand this.

Thank you

1.png

I believe the thickness of the lintel is always determined by the profile you are using.  You can only specify the width in the dialog.  If you choose a profile that is pretty small, and then stretch it to the width, then I would expect to see the results you are seeing.  Try selecting some of the various crown moldings that are in the core libraries, and you should see this.

My best guess is that the profile you are using is not actually 4"x6" but something much smaller.  It is then getting stretched for the width in the one direction only.  Without the plan and profile, I am only guessing.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dermot said:

I believe the thickness of the lintel is always determined by the profile you are using.  You can only specify the width in the dialog.  If you choose a profile that is pretty small, and then stretch it to the width, then I would expect to see the results you are seeing.  Try selecting some of the various crown moldings that are in the core libraries, and you should see this.

My best guess is that the profile you are using is not actually 4"x6" but something much smaller.  It is then getting stretched for the width in the one direction only.  Without the plan and profile, I am only guessing.

Ah yes! You are right, the profile is probably only an inch thick (deep) - so I understand now. So I want to make my profile as close to the actual size to maintain the right perspective. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Gr8trim4u said:

We are using wolf polyash trims for our lintel. Made of 4 pieces. Grab the pdf from wolf trace over them in cad add them to your library and you can stack them up how you need them. 

Pm me I will send what I have sketched up. 

Thank you - I know how to make the molding now so I'm all set. But other may want them.