Box Scale in SPV label

Renerabbitt

I must've missed this with the release of X-12 but what a great shortcut.

Name your Saved Plan View with "-%box_scale%" at the end of the name and the layout file will translate the macro to the box scale.
EDIT: only works when checking Specify Label. Then the automatic label carries through

My thoughts:

• Using the %box_scale% macro in your Plan View name muddles up the Plan View list, you still have to open the Layout Box Specification dialog every time and check Specify Label if you want to get the intended benefits, and if you change the Layout Box to use a different Plan View, you have to remember to go back to the Label tab and actually change the label manually.  Plus, you can't use multiple Text Styles for your label.
  • If you want to use the %box_scale% macro, my suggestion is to simply use a Text Box with an Arrow.  Just copy and paste as necessary for other layout boxes.  Total Control over text style(s), automatic changes if you change referenced Plan View, and no muddling up your Plan View naming.  Just place the lines with arrows onto a unique layer that can be toggled on and off as necessary.