Plan Look & Style

ragetoca

I would like to see some samples (single PDF or JPG) of how you have customized CA to achieve "your look" for your floor plans, for instance (attached) this is the way my floor plans look (currently in ACA) - The reason is I want to see how much one can tweak settings/style in CA - Thankspost-3082-0-14823400-1416495451_thumb.jpg

The key to getting the gray scale to work properly is to always print (PDF) in color. If you use B/W for final prints this method doesnt really work, or requires more work than is needed.

I disagree with this,  at least I think I do.  That is the way I did it at one time.  But now I do not print in color......  so how do we get the grey scale......  Perry taught me this......  and Joey,  maybe you can tell me why Perry's method is not better.....  go to PREFERENCES<APPEARANCE<DISPLAY<COLOR OFF IS: ........ and check GRAYSCALE,  you will get a BLACK AND WHITE PRINT and the grey scale is truly greyscale.

So what is wrong with Joey's method,  the colors are truly in color and so when you send it to your printer,  some of the COLORS  (which you want to print in black),  may be a bit washed out.

Two methods,  I used Joey's method until  Perry taught me his method.  I think I like Perry's method better because my colored lines in layout turn out black and yet I still get greyscale for my greyscale lines.

Any comments?  I am always open to different methods.

• Upvote 1

......I,m not sure but I think you and Joey are saying the same thing

I think Joey prints in COLOR,  I do not think you print in COLOR,  but you have PREFERENCE defaults set so the if not printing in color,  greyscale shows as greyscale.  Maybe I am missing something.

I think that checkbox for color off to grayscale or b&w is only what you see on your monitor- not printing. I do print in color to pdf then when printing set your printer to print in grayscale. you do have to watch what color you have though b/c light colors will not print well.

I think that checkbox for color off to grayscale or b&w is only what you see on your monitor- not printing. I do print in color to pdf then when printing set your printer to print in grayscale. you do have to watch what color you have though b/c light colors will not print well.

P,  I am so confused now.  I disagree with what you just said.  I just tested it.  I like what I thought you had taught me.  Jeez,  if we are confused,  I bet everyone else is confused.  I now use what I call the P. method,  nuts......  you guys do whatever you want,  I do not print in color yet I get the greyscale,  it works for me and my printing at the  printer is better than it has ever been.

You can do it either way, Sometimes my clients like to send the pdf to their clients so they like color. It ends up the same weither you print a pdf in grayscale from Chief or print pdf in color and print it in grayscale. its all about what color you choose for each item.

I "print" the pdf in color. Other than a nice colored rendering of some sort on the 1st pg, there's not a whole lot of other colors present, some dark reds, blues, greens- all linework. The pdf looks great on the monitor & the actual printed hardcopy (grayscale) is crisp too.