Plan Look & Style

ragetoca

Scott

I understand what you are saying, one thing about your way is that you can see what the grayscale looks like before you print it, and can easily adjust the color that views the best. I just hit the color on , color off icon to see that.

...I am even more confused now!

Don't worry,   I am too.  I have done it both ways.  I have stated why I use the Perry Method,  I do not understand why someone does not address the differences between the Perry Method vs the Joey Method.  

Thanks Scott

I think the b&w loses all the grayscale so you end up with b&w everything. Depending on how dark your color is it will either disappear or be black. I always have that grayscale box checked. The only thing you can't show is when you print the color pdf as grayscale on your printer, it would also be grayscale , So In my view, you and Joey would end up with the same thing when  printer on paper.

Firs off thanks again for the video. I think I solved this a while back but am learning still.

Scott I have a MAC question (sorry for the highjack). Do you not have a zoom wheel on your mouse or must you use the + and - buttons to zoom and pan as your video shows? Always remember Mac mices not having the same options as Windows mices but was just curious.

........Scott I have a MAC question (sorry for the highjack). Do you not have a zoom wheel on your mouse or must you use the + and - buttons to zoom and pan as your video shows? Always remember Mac mices not having the same options as Windows mices but was just curious.

First off,  I do not use a MAC mouse,  I have a logitech,  I did not like the MAC mouse for CA.  I have a MAC mouse on home IMAC,  and I miss the logitech mouse on home IMAC.

Yes,  I have a zoom wheel on my logitech,  and I use it all the time when working with CA,  love it.  However,  I think you are referring to having to use the +,- key to zoom in on PDF's,  yes,  I have to use the +,- on PDF's,  the zoom wheel does not work.

First off,  I do not use a MAC mouse,  I have a logitech,  I did not like the MAC mouse for CA.  I have a MAC mouse on home IMAC,  and I miss the logitech mouse on home IMAC.

Yes,  I have a zoom wheel on my logitech,  and I use it all the time when working with CA,  love it.  However,  I think you are referring to having to use the +,- key to zoom in on PDF's,  yes,  I have to use the +,- on PDF's,  the zoom wheel does not work.

Ah yes - same here. Thought you were zooming in with CA. Thanks.

Adobe Acrobat has a zoom tool that let's you use your mouse wheel. It's called "continuous zoom'.

works great!

Super,  but is there a hot key associated with it?  If it does not have a hot key,  then I am lost.

I swear,  once in a while,  the tool bars still screw up,  and I am like a fish out of water,  I need my hot keys!

I print my PDF's in color, what the client does with it after I deliver it is up to them. I have color in mt title block, and generally put a color rendering or sketch on the cover page. I want my delivered product with the logo in color and the sketch...again, after that it's up to the end user.

I control all of the B/W with layer sets. I have my "working" layer sets that have all the colors everyone is accustomed to, and when I send the view or plan to layout, I make a copy of that set and tag the end of it with LAYOUT and then set the B/W for final printing. Everything is controlled with layersets.

post-70-0-88850500-1416877416_thumb.jpg

post-70-0-44731600-1416877424_thumb.jpg

I am considering doing some training sessions. I have sent out some "feelers" about meeting space, and I am considering traveling to a couple locations to do training for companies thinking of making the switch. Intriguing that so many find my style appealing. It may be time to look at the business of training others.

I tend to use a lot of grey scale. I have created a style that I am very pleased with. There is a complete set of my plans on the Chief website.

Joey,

How do you get your lower appliances to show up under your base cabinets? Is it manual line work?

Following the recent thread about "style" and construction documents, my inbox has received a steady flow of requests. I am thinking of offering a 2-day training session on the way I model to get the most out of the materials list, and the way I then turn that model into the construction documents everyone seems to like. I am thinking of 2-days in Indianapolis in mid-late January. Before I make the arrangement, I need some RSVPs, so at this point I am gauging the real interest in what I have to offer. Please send an email to joeymdp@gmail.com with "Indy RSVP" in the subject line. Nothing concrete yet, but if there is real interest, I will make it happen.

I also have a few requests from South....Atlanta area...so I am also looking at putting together a training package for Atlanta, or even Birmingham, again, if the interest is really there. If you are in the South and interested, send the same email with "Atlanta RSVP" and I will get back to you with some possible dates.

Some are interested in online virtual training, and I'm okay with that as well, though you do lose some of the one on one, but any emails about that possibility can be sent with "Online RSVP".

Along with my background in Architecture, I have been teaching on and off for 20 years, so it comes pretty naturally to me. Seems like every time there has been a downturn in building, there has been a teaching opportunity for me. Not only do I currently design and teach high school, but I am also a certified University of Housing Instructor through the NAHB. I am sure I can effectively teach Chief Architect to others, but before I set out on this new adventure, I need to see if the interests truly exists.

I also posted this in the OFFERING SERVICES section as well.

Thanks everyone,

Personally I hope that your training will be out of business by X7.  :) 

Well, I don't mean it like that, but using gray scales in the material editor on patterns is in my mind not the way to go and hopefully something that will be changed soon. There should be possibilities to set line weights for patterns, elements in windows, and edge profiles, etc. without resorting to that kind of work arounds.