Screen Record & show how you would join these roof planes?

BenReece

Me again!

This roof has been giving me fits.... mainly the roof over the wrap around porch. It was a very simple roof until the homeowners wanted to bump the house out in the middle sections front and back. It may still be a simple fix that my brain is just not comprehending.... anyone want to take a shot at screen recording and sharing how you would join these roof planes? 

Jefferson Ranch Project.plan

Here is a link to a video that really helped my roof game. this in conjunction with the Join roof planes tool are a great help. Also spend some time learning about setting walls to full gable and how you can tell chief before you auto build a roof specific roof plane pitches. 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/728/locating-roof-plane-intersections.html

36 minutes ago, solver said:

I used 10 for the main gable but other than that, all auto built above.

Here it is with 12. This took 3 minutes, maybe 4, to do. Take a look at the railing walls Roof panel.

I also raised the roof in the build roof dialog, but that's not important -- just for looks.

JeffersonRanchProject (eric).zip

ct1.thumb.png.02f052bb9ad8c68ad7c5f6d1e52115b9.png

This is exactly what I was going for. Good to know that it is actually possible. Thanks for the tips and I will watch some videos and play around with auto build more.