How To Create A Site Plan (Attached Example)

alwaysdesigning

It can be done. You need to figure out a way of doing the trees.

Using 3D trees is the easiest way.

Another would be to obtain some top down tree images and map them to a 3D entitiy  as a texture that you can then position where you want.

Unfortuntately our billboard images don't have top down views. It would be something nice to add though.

It can be done. You need to figure out a way of doing the trees.

Using 3D trees is the easiest way.

Yes,  use 3d trees to get the shadows for the trees.  I wonder how important the shadows are since the example plan shows no shadows for the buildings.  I think CA can show the shadows for the buildings as well as the trees.

I do them by adding color boxes to layout sheet and send them to the back so that my lines show through. Not exactly the same, but similar. And I bet that the CAD software that created the layout is not the same software that created that presentation. Looks like Paint Shop to me, or Photo Shop.

post-70-0-13864400-1416498561_thumb.jpg

@Dshall, i am not sure what program was used to create that image.. was looking for a program that would do that but would like to consolidate and use CA somehow.

@Doug_Park... yes you are right it is just the trees and landscaping that I would need 3D images and then that look good.

@Joey.. yah i was thinking the same thing.. probably some type of photoshop program.. but I see these type of 'site plans' alot.. especially if you Google "site plan" under the image search.

Does anyone know where I can get a full landscaping line of 3D images (trees, bushes, grass, and everything in between?

Does anyone know where I can get a full landscaping line of 3D images (trees, bushes, grass, and everything in between?

For 3D you can't beat Xfrog - if you have the budget. For 2D, you can't beat Photoshop and all the brushes that are available from third party vendors - if you have the budget. If you don't have the budget, The Gimp can replace Photoshop.