Bates numbering....

mkennedy2000

Layout is sort of a CA term for sheet. AutoCAD used to call it model space and paper space. Tha additiob of paper space or a layout view is a huge step forward in the production of documents so i certainly dont want to go backwards. Do you distribute layout files to anyone? It seems to be the layout file is an intermediate step on the way to a PDF. I do sometimes distribute a paper plan butin general I both use and distribute a PDF. Its very easy these days to open a PDF and make a few notes or hyperlink a photograph. It would be sort of nice if, after a field visit where I had annotated the PDF of a version of the plan, those notes were there in CA. I could carry a laptop. Ive tried a 17in touch, too bulky and i have a little surface pro much better but.....windows sucks battery life, is slow to boot, i dont lile the stylus and windows ink nearly as much as my samsung note and galaxy tab which can share s pens and do a coupke of nice tricks. Like create a note without booting up the tablet or phone.