Roof issues with different results

stevenyhof

So I submitted this topic to support and got this reply. So maybe windows or other objects need to be readjusted to help fix the roof...

- Support Answer -

Connor H
Wednesday, Dec 16, 2020 - 02:54 PM PST
Hi Steve,

Thank you for attaching your plan and linking us to ChiefTalk.

I found that one of the roofs was fixed after moving some of the windows. Anytime there is an object coming into conflict or intersection with the roof plane, the roof plane will automatically try to compensate for the object and build around it, so moving the windows to a new location (then back) and allowing the roof to automatically adjust seems to fix the problem.

I also saw the issue with the auto roof return. If the option for auto roof returns is deselected or if it was drawn in manually and it is not going away as you want it to, sometimes adjusting it and readjusting it back will force some of the automatic features to readjust and fix the issue.

Sometimes the software requires things to be manipulated a small amount and then manipulated back to the prior state manually to force the automatic features to readjust. Let me know if this helps.

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

@stevenyhof - sounds like the “Chief wiggle” (my tech term) as I’ve suggested to you a few times is the solution.  ;)

Yes, the SNester Wiggle! Works great! But I was hoping that bringing this to their attention they would take it to heart and look at their code and filter in the idea of other objects below the roof and fix this. Until that happen, I will continue using the "SNester Wiggle" Pronounced Snester 

Steve, I ran into another gable end siding and roof issues. I managed to make it work, but with lines that show in the 2D elevations. I may reach out to you on this so we can work through this together.

Thank you,

Steve

• Like 1