Lost 4 Hours Of Work From Yesterday

HumbleChief

17 minutes ago, VHampton said:

Whether it be a PC or Mac, there's always going to be the following folder, which contains the archive folders... which contains the back-ups for every project saved by Chief.

Chief Architect Premier X12 Data

I realize that you may know this already, but for anyone following along in the future, they should know that it's a very easy navigation process.  

Yes indeed but there are bugs and nuances within the simple spec's that Chief provides. If you check the dbx I posted in the first post it has spec'd that there will be an auto archive warning after 14 maximum archived files. I have more than one folder with more than 14 files and an 'occasional' warning that used to take me to the folder with too many files but now if I get the warning and say OK to manage those files it does not take me to folder but the dbx just disappears. It's a bug on my system but can't be bothered to report it as it does not effect the archived folders - or does it? Dunno but here's a pic of a current archived folder with more than the spec'd 14 files. Blanked out the names to protect the innocent.

Is there another part of that system that can get corrupted? More likely in the case of this occurrence user error of some kind but just sayin' there are some inconsistencies and again just a reminder as to what can go wrong.

archived files 1.png

Totally agree Larry. I have the archive warning set to something like 70.  

Whenever it asks if I'd like to manage the overflow, the pop up instantly disappears 9 times out of 10, with no direct link to the folders. 

It's happened on every X version every released.  

Just now, VHampton said:

Totally agree Larry. I have the archive warning set to something like 70.  

Whenever it asks if I'd like to manage the overflow, the pop up instantly disappears 9 times out of 10, with no direct link to the folders. 

It's happened on every X version every released.  

BUT you have to know even though I've seen that dozens of times too I just tried it on the folder I just posted and it worked as expected - just to make me look dumb(er). :D