Man, Woman, Figure, Person....where Are Figures In The Library, Where Is Anything In The Library?

zowie123

Perhaps I have a missing person file, I don't know....

I can never find anything useful by searching the library.  In the future, I wish they would allow us to edit library content, or better yet, organize it with names that make sense.  Or better yet, create a program that allowed multiple Sketchup library items to be imported at the same time.  

If anyone makes a program like this for Chief, I would buy it, because it's easier to search Sketchup content then find stuff in the Chief Library.

Rant, rant, rant.  So many library items, so little time--to search each individual one I might need and add it to my user library under a name I can find later....blah....

barry

i agree, Chief's search function is HORRIBLE.  If the keyword is in all caps, or even 1 letter capitalized it will not be found in the search results.

example, if you are searching for "table" and you enter "TABLE", it will not be found.   or even if you enter "Table" it will not be found if the actual item in the library is all lowercase "table"

THIS IS STUPID RETARDED.

Where do we report these issues? I would imagine that ranting on these threads will do no good..it's like having road rage in your car yelling at the person in the other car.. they can not hear what you are saying ..hahahhah

++1 This just has to be fixed, it's such a great library so it is so much more the shame that everything is hidden in it.

I also want to get rid of the division between core and bonus, as now I have to look in one first and then the other. Chief will just have to find another way to justify its support subscription. And it seems that whenever I search I get 80% colors to scroll through. The filter is not enough, there has to be better categories and please put an intern for a year on tagging keywords to each item.

The people figures that are in the 3D Library are "silhouettes" - in the specialty category.  Agreed, the search function needs help - it's on our list

See, there you go - you have to be able to correctly spell 'silhouettes' or you're getting nowhere :P

Another library issue I have run across is items that have different names/terms in different parts of the country (and presumably, the world) so you're endlessly guessing what search term to use...it can be a little frustrating.  I once wasted an inordinate amount of time looking for a symbol for what I call a 'bulkhead'...finally gave up and ended up making my own.