Bookcase secret doors

nepbuilders

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this post, was looking up the bookshelf doors as well.  Then I found under the Bonus catalog "Doors No.3 Specialty" there is a inswing and a outswing bookshelf door.  Just modify to your liking (the 2D symbol isn't the greatest though). 

Other cool doors in this catalog; like a star ship door (in case you want to design a Death Star), or the security door folder has hatch doors so you can design cruise ships.  Now that's a challenge for someone bored... 

• 2 years later...
On 1/4/2021 at 5:58 PM, mtldesigns said:

I found under the Bonus catalog "Doors No.3 Specialty" there is a inswing and a outswing bookshelf door.

These symbols have some serious problems in terms of how they open and what's required in terms of casings/trim.  You really need to look at some actual manufactured bookcase doors to see what they really need to be.  Also, the 2D Plan View CAD is totally wrong unless you specify about an 8" thickness but it should also be consistent with the wall thickness or visa-versa.  The problem with that is Chief limits the door thickness to 4" :(:lol:

I would be inclined to make my own symbols for these - but probably start with those in that catalog or "a wall cabinets w/o doors" and modify as needed.  The advantage with using a cabinet is that you can have "face frames".