Ceiling break lines / Default Room labels

CaddCreations

When I open a plan in X12 that was created in an earlier version of CA, the layer "ceiling break lines" does not appear.

I believe that layer was not available in versions prior to X12. Which was always an annoyance to me because they couldn't be turned off.

I assumed that all the functionality of the latest version would be available in the plan once it was saved in that version?

Am I wrong on that?

The other thing that i've noticed is that "new" Room Labels that are in the drop down list as supplied with X12 also do not appear in plan saved in X12 that was created in an earlier version?

When I open a plan in X12 that was created in an earlier version of CA, the layer "ceiling break lines" does not appear.

I believe that layer was not available in versions prior to X12. Which was always an annoyance to me because they couldn't be turned off.

This probably depends on how old the plan is that you are opening.  The "Ceiling Break Lines" system layer was available in earlier versions but at one time the name was "Walls, Beams" (a very long time ago).  All you need to do is open the Layer Display Options dialog and use the "Reset Layer Names" button.

The other thing that i've noticed is that "new" Room Labels that are in the drop down list as supplied with X12 also do not appear in plan saved in X12 that was created in an earlier version?

You are going to find lots of differences between an older plan brought into X12 and a new plan started in X12.  Again, this will probably depend on how old the plan is that you are bringing forward.  This will mostly be a result of all of the default settings that are stored in the template plan that is used for new plans.  You can use the import tools to transfer the settings you want from your template plan into your legacy plans.  You could also use the edit area tool to copy the model from your legacy plan into a new blank plan that already has these settings.  Some people prefer using one of these methods over the other for various reasons.

More information about migrating legacy plans can be found here:

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x12-migration-guide.pdf

• Like 1