Lines in countertop between cabinets in Camera View

J_Mack

Hello.

I am new to Chief and keep having the same problem that I can't figure out how to fix. In my plan view and elevation view, my kitchen or bathroom cabinets and countertop look fine. When I go into 3D camera view, I often see lines in the countertops between my cabinets. My base cabinets are snapped into place. Why do I have these lines in my countertop and how do I fix it?

image.thumb.png.4bffda5bb4c27904c8b7a1dbe0fff6c1.png

The lines are there because the program could not merge the automatic counter tops.  There are lots of things that could cause this such as overlapping cabinets, different cabinet heights or height off floor, different counter top heights or thickness, one of the cabinets being in a block, one of the cabinets actually being a symbol, etc., etc., etc.

For a better answer, post the plan and someone will probably be able to tell you what is wrong.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

I had same problem.

Plan is in X13.

*Alaskan_Son advice in this thread got me thinking (dangerous) and seems he was spot on.

I saw advice in other threads to just use custom countertops to prevent similar issues.

I did and problem was solved for lines. 

It also solved non-matching countertop materials when applying my choice of Calacatta Blanco from Library.

*But I also saw I had placed two base fillers on top of each other in Kitchen & Bath Plan View when I rounded off custom countertop front overhang as it abutted a full height cabinet.

See Snip & Sketch pics below; first one shows hidden base filler poking out after custom countertop edge profile rounded off.

Second pic is Perspective Floor Overview camera after fixes.

Screenshot 2021-10-09 overlapped fillers.png

Screenshot 2021-10-09 of corrected countertop.png