Interior Cabinet Lighting

RobUSMC

Does someone have an easy way to add vertical LED strip lighting to the interior of a cabinet with wood shelving. They would be installed to the back side on the cabinets face frame so with a cabinet like a bookcase with wood shelving (See attached) each shelf area would be lit.  If you put a standard strip light in the top it works fine transmitting thru glass shelves but with wood the only area that is lit is the very top section.  I can create it with a PS and manually position it inside the cabinet but it does take time to get it in behind the doors and the actual strip not seen in renderings.

Thanks 

Bookcase.jpg

4 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

If you put a standard strip light in the top it works fine transmitting thru glass shelves but with wood the only area that is lit is the very top section.

What else would you expect?  Light can't shine through wood.  I'm sure those cabinets in the attached photo have light strips for each shelf level.  Model it the same way.

45 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

What else would you expect?  Light can't shine through wood.  I'm sure those cabinets in the attached photo have light strips for each shelf level.  Model it the same way.

the lighting does suggest that the Shelves have 1 1/2" lips on their front edges and perhaps 1/2" LED strips mount on the rear of the Lips , rather than vertical Strips.

image.thumb.png.f6987a39e610e508b0f216ace41faef0.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2020 at 12:55 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

I know light doesn't pass thru wood.  Lighting cant be installed to each shelf even if they are hidden behind a dropped front lip because these shelves are adjustable. If they were fixed, it would work but not in these situations with adjustable shelving.  The LED tape would be installed vertically behind the front cabinet face frame like in my attached photo.

LED Behind Face Frame.jpg

3 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

The LED tape would be installed vertically

I'm still in the middle of cleaning libraries as I switch machines and don't have those symbols imported yet. In the meantime I did dig up an old symbol plan where I had made some of these.

Place a rope light desired length, increase the spacing of the lights. Make the profile what you will want since you that won't able to change later.

Convert to symbol electric, light, rotate symbol.

In library open object, light data panel. It will have only one light. Change to spot, show position in camera, set lumens between 100-200, change angle. Add light and move up from base. continue until you have as many as you want.

image.thumb.png.930be20f516b9d6b74bf2aa955517722.png

It's tedious and usually I need to place in plan and fine tune there.

image.thumb.png.61da58d9ad553df244c730a76e3f0b6c.png

LED plan.zip