Layers

Ronniesha

So I am going to try and explain my problems as clear as possible. 

I have a new floor plan view with a matching new floor plan layer set. On that layer set I have it set up to show or not show certain things like dimensions etc. Then I have a lighting plan view with a lighting layer set. On that layer set I have certain layers turned off and certain layers turned on. For example on my lighting layer set I have a layer for lighting dimensions. 

My problem is that when I draft a dimension on my lighting plan view the dimension automatically defaults to manual dimensions which I have turned off because those dimensions on that layer are for my new floorplan not my lighting plan. How can I get around this problem?

Please don't link the videos about layers I have watched them all!

Click Help>Launch Help, click the little question mark icon, or press the F1 key (all of which open the Help Files) and then read up on Default Sets, Active/Selected Defaults, Multiple Saved Defaults, and Plan Views.  Active/Selected Defaults and Multiple Saved Defaults in particular are really the key components you need to understand.

You should create separate layers for your lighting dimensions and any other dimensions that you want to keep separate and then turn on those layers in the applicable plan view set., To create a custom layer, click on 'New' tab at the bottom of your layer display options list.A box will come up in which you can enter the name of the new layer then click 'OK'. Once this is done, assign the dimension of your choice to the new layer.

Hope this helps - Eric

2 minutes ago, ericepv said:

You should create separate layers for your lighting dimensions and any other dimensions that you want to keep separate and then turn on those layers in the applicable plan view set., To create a custom layer, click on 'New' tab at the bottom of your layer display options list.A box will come up in which you can enter the name of the new layer then click 'OK'. Once this is done, assign the dimension of your choice to the new layer.

Hope this helps - Eric

Hi,

I have already done this. But when I draft a dimensions line it - as a default - puts it under the "manual" dimension layer and NOT my lighting dimension layer. In order to get the new dimension to show under the layer I want I have to turn my "manual" dimension layer back on - click the new dimension - and go into the layer properties and change it to the correct layer. I am assuming there is a way to just have my dimensions automatically set to the "lighting dimension" layer instead of the "manual dimension" layer. I only want my manual dimensions to show on the new floor plan?

Does that make sense? I know its alot lol