Rotating a Cad Block

RVBarn

To clarify, I created the attached truss using polyline solids and then grouped them into an architectural block and saved it to my library. When I place it into my plan it is in the xy plane when inserted. I am trying to rotate it 90 degrees into the xy plane so it is in the yz plane (think ceiling plane vs wall plane). I probably need to create it differently but I cannot figure out if there is a way to create a polyline solid in a different plane. Using CA x12. 

Truss.jpg

31 minutes ago, RVBarn said:

To clarify, I created the attached truss using polyline solids and then grouped them into an architectural block and saved it to my library. When I place it into my plan it is in the xy plane when inserted. I am trying to rotate it 90 degrees into the xy plane so it is in the yz plane (think ceiling plane vs wall plane). I probably need to create it differently but I cannot figure out if there is a way to create a polyline solid in a different plane.

If you would rather not convert to a symbol you can unblock and convert back to a Plain Polyline then cut and paste to elevation view and convert back to psolid and set depth.

I have done many of these trusses and I always create them in section view. That way you can set the pitch in the same view they are drawn in. I then create a symbol using a 3D view. I add them to my user library and I don't have to create them again for a project with the same building size and roof pitch.

One tip: I create a large slab or polyline solid first to be used as the "backstop" for the truss parts. That way the components will build in front of the backstop. I simply delete the backstop before making the symbol.