Molding issue

RSdesignvt

Happy Sunday! 

I started a new plan from template as Im working this weekend to catch up. However. The same template Ive used over and over again is now showing my baseboards at the top of the walls (Both stories) and not where they should be. I've never seen this before, and additionally when I edit interior or interior walls in my defaults - I quite remember a molding option - Whats up? 

Capture 2 12-6.JPG

Capture 12-6.JPG

I dont mean to be thick (Im using X12 Premier) 

But No room Moldings IS NOT checked. The room Moldings ARE showing. Its just the baseboards are showing at the top of the wall. Correct me if Im wrong. But if I check NO room moldings then NO room Moldings..... I want my baseboards. I just want them at the floor. 

Just now, solver said:

Im sorry, Im new to the forums and this is my first time trying. I've only bee a CA user (from AutoCAD) Since Last February. Learning curve, and I haven't quite figured out how to navigate my profile yet. Or even post correctly as autocad forums were much more detailed and specific. So please be patient with me. Everyone is new once. 

On 12/6/2020 at 11:16 AM, EDCsharon said:

default set for Moldings? I thought it was under walls? And Its not.

First off, its a default setting, a Default Set is a different thing entirely.  Second, it's not under Walls.  It's controlled by the Room.  This is something I alluded to earlier in the thread, and as I tried to point out before, it's also alluded to in that setting you circled in your original post.  You'll make far more progress and much much faster if you get into the habit of reading very carefully, using the Help files (as Eric suggested), and really trying to comprehend all that you're reading.  Chief is a very complex piece of software (as most 3D architectural programs are) and they've invested a lot of time and energy naming the various settings and writing up instructions for the same.  Every little word can be very important and informative.  In this particular example you could follow the clues....

You saw a setting for "No Room Moldings...".  Open the Room and you'll find a Moldings tab.  Right at the top of that tab is a setting titled "Use Floor Defaults".  If you read carefully and follow the clues you would land right at the Floor Defaults which is where Room's get their Default settings.  And at any time in the process you can click on the little Help button down in the corner to find additional information. 

Anyway, if some of us seem to be cryptic with our responses, it's likely that we're really just trying to teach you to fish.

• Like 1