Garage slab to wall intersection

Shay_Bulmer

Hi all. 

Does anyone have a method for eliminating the interior curb that's created when an ICF foundation wall under a garage extends above the slab? When we build an ICF foundation wall under a slab, we cut off and block out the interior face of the ICF to create a curb that is the same width as the 2x6 wall above; is there a way to extend the slab to the interior plane of the wall above, and cap off the foundation wall below? 

Screenshot (7).png

Tried breaking the wall each side of door, dragging down top to where wanted, and placing a slab there at size and elevation needed?

If no 3D needed, ignore it and annotate it with a callout and CAD detail.

Like the Stones song says, "you can't always get what you want,"  so you just move on to the con docs and "if you try somehow, you get what you NEEE - EEED."

2 hours ago, solver said:

Pony wall for the foundation. I used a 8" concrete wall for the upper part -- you would need to define a new wall type.

Hang 1st Floor Platform Inside Foundation Walls is checked

I think I'm on the right path, though haven't made the destination yet. I've created an ICF lower wall, with an upper pony wall that mimics a taper top ICF block (the outside layer of foam being thinner) with no foam on the inside layer; I've got the inside wall planes lined up the way they should be, but despite the fact that the "Hang 1st Floor Platform inside Foundation Walls is checked" in my defaults, the slab will not extend to the inner surface of the upper pony wall. 

I have tried deleting the foundation wall all together, and rebuilding walls/floors/ceilings, but to no avail. As you can see in the photo, the slab still will not extend over. I am afraid there is something simple I am missing. 

Screenshot (9).png