Walk out basement with retaining walls, grade not acting properly

myrtsbnye

I have a building with a walk out basement. There are retaining walls on either side of the sliding door. I use an elevation region between the retaining walls and then beyond the walls to set the lowest elevation. Then I used elevation lines to step the grade down from the highest to the lowest on the other side of the retaining walls.

Once I build the terrain the actual grade seems to go berserk. There are depressions where there shouldn't be and even large mounds within the elevation region. The more I try to fix it the worse it gets. There are also dips in the retaining walls (the walls follow the grade nicely then suddenly dip down to the footing, then back up to the grade and continue to follow the grade)

Is there a better way to do this?

19 hours ago, Mark3D said:

Can you post the plan it sounds like you may have elevation data on top of elevation 

"Crazy / Berserk" Terrain is usually an indicator of this as Mark has suggested...........

DO NOT let Elevation Regions , Lines, etc touch or cross each other at all.... and I rarely use Elevation Points , they seem to make the "Crazy" worse :) 

Like Scott and Glenn I also stay away from Chief's Terrain Retaining Walls and just use Foundation Walls with a Terrain Break instead.

M.