Labraries are becoming overwhelming

ShaneK

I love all the content and items to use while designing projects BUT I the amount of content we have look through is taking up too much time and yes I use search engine. Anyone have a different approach or method handling of library inventory? 

24 minutes ago, ShaneK said:

Anyone have a different approach or method handling of library inventory? 

They're not unknown methods or anything, but have you tried:

• Setting up some Custom Filters?
  • My new favorite method...right clicking on the desired Folder(s) and clicking Search Folder(s)?
  • Using warehouse plan(s) for commonly used items where they call all be viewed as though you were walking down a grocery store aisle? This one can be used for materials and symbols alike.

29 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

• My new favorite method...right clicking on the desired Folder(s) and clicking Search Folder(s)?
  • Using warehouse plan(s) for commonly used items where they call all be viewed as though you were walking down a grocery store aisle? This one can be used for materials and symbols alike.

Also, adding search attributes

37 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

HA! I'm not the only nut with "warehouse plans". I made myself a Boulder Lot plan that shows my boulder and rock models displaying various available texture options...

I am probably in a slightly different boat as virtually all of the brand specific library items are no use to me. So I mainly use my user library, then if I gave to go find something specific I also place a copy in my user library for future use. For details I have 1 or 2 details per plan in carefully set up folders where I make use of the thumbnail feature.