Importing Annotation Sets, Layer Sets, And Wall Definitions Files

dbkb0227

Hello Everybody! I'm working with a builder who started putting together a set of home plans and wants me to finish them. He told me I need to import his annotation sets, layer sets, and wall definition files. Wouldn't these already be associated with the drawing file that he sent me? Or do I still need to import them? Thanks for the help!

Wouldn't these already be associated with the drawing file that he sent me? 

Yes, they should be.

You can import his layer sets and wall definition files if he shares them with you by exporting them for you to then import but they should be resident in the plan file he shared with you (take a look and see).

The difference is that such data should be part of the plan file shared but if you want that data available for future plans then you should consider exporting and then importing such data and makeing a template plan for that person's work or amending your profile plan at your choice.

DJP

Annotation sets, layer sets, wall definitions, and pretty much all of the other default settings are already in the plan file so there is no reason to import them.

What you will need to deal with is if he used any custom graphics (images, pictures, materials, or pdfs). If he used any custom graphics (any that were not in the Chief core libraries), then he needs to send those to you along with the plan files. The easiest way to do this is to use the backup entire plan tool, zip up the whole folder, and send that to you.