John_Charles

LINE WEIGHT TO 1/8 SCALE PLAN

Hi all

I have searched and read many posts and tutorials on the issue of line weights when printing plans but can't find a solution.

Here is my issue.  The house I am working on is quite laid out and the floor plan takes up an ARCH D @ 1/8 scale.  I have sent the plan to the layout with 'use layout line scaling' checked, and used 1/8 scale.  I haven't played with any settings so everything else is set per CA defaults eg a line weight of 1=1/100mm.

I exported the layout sheet via CA "save as PDF" @ 600 dpi and got VERY rounded line ends and corners as shown in the 1st 3 images below.  After a bit of experimentation. I changed the default line weight to 1=1/500 mm and got the line weight issue resolved per the last image which cleaned up the corner detail.  The side effect however is that the dashed line shown in that image shows as a solid line in every layout view except if you really zoom in as shown in the last image.

Can anyone suggest a work around for this (dotted line weight) or a better way to solve the original issue?

Thank you

Screenshot 2020-11-25 17.42.06.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 17.42.38.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 17.41.40.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 17.44.50.png

That line is probably a dashed line and it just did not show up that way before.  You need to figure out what that line is and check the definition for that line or the layer that it is on.

9 minutes ago, javatom said:

That line is probably a dashed line and it just did not show up that way before.  You need to figure out what that line is and check the definition for that line or the layer that it is on.

Hi

Sorry I should have said it was a dashed line as that is what it was.... The line is a dashed line on the default CAD layer with below settings....

Screenshot 2020-11-25 18.23.26.png