John_Charles

HOW WOULD I CREATE THESE TYPES OF LAYOUT VIEWS?

Hi all

I am presenting a couple of concept plans and rather than show all of the details etc, I would like to export a plan to the layout that has a clean 'architectural look'

I have attached some images I have found on the internet to demonstrate what I am trying to achieve.

I'm particularly interested in how to generate plans and elevations like the attached images (not mine).  For example, how do I show the walls in a heavier (filled with black or grey) style with the other detail in a finer (grey?), how do I add color eg to the floor plan in sections only or shading to the elevations?

The second image has a pool showing in a very fine detail, and color to the background and decking only.  Can anyone show me how to achieve this in eg a layout?

Thank you

1.jpg

2.jpg

Elevation.jpg

I imagine tools like Photoshop are often used to enhance presentations.

This was done in Chief. You can control color, fills etc fairly easily.

ct1.thumb.png.14bf51e6101a14b9f731bda56f0708b3.png

1 minute ago, solver said:

This was done in Chief. You can control color, fills etc fairly easily.

ct1.thumb.png.14bf51e6101a14b9f731bda56f0708b3.png

Excellent!  can you tell me how/point me to a tutorial?

thanks

Don't know of a tutorial. 

No one wants this answer, but once you learn the program and understand how it works, you will see how things like this may be done.

Setting up a Layer Set to control color, line style etc is a good place to start. You will probably need to change wall definitions too.

I used an image for the decking. Applied a material from the library to a polyline solid, took a screen capture, imported it into the plan and positioned it.

For this look I use a combination of things. 

1) I take a “Orthographic Overview” with “top view” View Direction using “Technical Illustration” as the rendering technique. 

2) I turn off any layers of stuff that I need hidden

3) Turn on shadows and adjust the sun angle so I’m getting just a touch of shadow in order to highlight doors and walls and give depth. 

4) I use the “Cross Section Slider” to lower and cut just below the door headers so the doorway has an opening. 

5) I send the above plan to Layout and then send another plan to overlay which has all layers off except the doors, this way I get the all important door swing indicators. 

6). Lots of cursing and swearing to get it almost right. 

7) Maybe buy Vector Works for this?

Example:

792677055_ScreenShot2020-11-26at9_19_20PM.thumb.png.9f175f927588d52e023438afcd68fa53.png

bit of a process but the first two images would be easy enough to emulate off the one plan using layersets and layer control, solid fills and drawing group order.

For the first image the trick is for the walls to have 1 layer with solid fill, use the note schedule for room names and line weight control for furniture/fixtures.

Second image a little more involved, not perfect but the way I created it could be modified as noted in Point 8.

1. turn off all layers, CAD detail from view, select a CAD line, press match properties, delete.

2. Select the Solid Fills, press Polyline Union, Add to new layer "solid wall fill" or something, increase the lineweight.

3. Duplicate, add to new layer "Wall Shadows" , change lineweight to zero, colour to a grey, the fill to a solid grey but with about a 60% transparency.

4. Point to point the shadow layer fills and offset from the wall fill.

6. Go back to the plan, create new layerset, turn on the solid and shadow layers, adjust furniture/fixtures to a lighter line weight and colour, turn off notes and schedules, turn on room names (alternatively use Rich Text and a layer)

5.  go back to cad detail, copy all the CAD fills and paste in place.

6. use drawing groups to control which order the fills show so it looks right

7. add decks with polylines using a coloured hatch fill and a solid background.

8. you could modify the shadows to appear deeper and angle to walls/openings to appear more correct but would be time consuming on a large plan. This method is fairly quick to achieve some perception of depth.

Plan 2.jpg

Plan 1.jpg

How about a way to do both the simplicity of walls without layers or fill, no floor textures, and most importantly, to emulate the image in the OP, shadows.