problems with polyline

Lakeside-E

1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

Ya, for sure you'd need to model it if you're using it as part of the house as you've done.  Looks nice.  I assume in reality you'd need some kind of framework to hold those screens in place?   Were you able to finish the 'sprig' panel using the tips from Michael and Ben above?

Those panels by intent are meant to be used in a variety of ways so the best way to show them is to have the model. you them also get more realistic lighting response from the model. There is a framework that they use for these in some applications but I have not been able to get my eyes on the specifications for that yet so I omitted it altogether in this case. If i can get the right design parameters I will incorporate it in the future. 

As far as the suggestions. !'ve read and experimented a bit with the tips but haven't made progress with them yet. Marque selecting definitely works and I am definitely bewildered it does compared to other selection methods... doesn't make sense yet so I hope someone more knowledgeable can shed light on that. 

10 hours ago, Lakeside-E said:

I didnt know that marque selecting made a difference but it certainly does... Any insight as to why Ben?

The short version is that Chief is trying very, very hard to find the best place to put the move handle. This polyline, in addition to its complexity, is shaped in a way that makes one of our internal algorithms have to sift through more data than usual, and it bogs down. The marquee select bypasses that part of the code.

10 hours ago, Lakeside-E said:

Any predictions if the problems i am having now will carry through once the polyline is extruded to a polyline solid?

Unfortunately, the issue is likely to persist after extruding the polyline. Converting the solid to a symbol should help, though.

• Upvote 2