Laptops are so confusing

cvillberg

I am a kitchen designer and an Interior Designer and crafter.

I really want a light weight touch screen (with pen) that can work the graphics on CA and keep up.

I'd really like to keep the price below $1200 if possible.

I look and look and look and the minimum for Chief vs recommend is confusing to me.

I find 2 in 1 laptops that with black friday fall in the price range but then I'm not sure if I have to have a dedicated graphics card.

I know gaming computers work but I don't want a heavy hot machine when i"ll do more tablet work than drawing all day long.

I do have a gaming desktop so can do my initial designs on there but once with the architects and builders I'd like to move things around in

CA on the tablet/laptop.

Anyone have a machine they like and can recommend.

Thanks in advance.

In your price range it is unlikely that you will find that type of laptop with a dedicated graphics card. I have an HP Spectra 360, it only has an integrated HD620 graphics chip, works fine for most camera view types but definitely struggles using the PBR camera. The unknown is that CA has made some significant changes in the upcoming X13 in respect to graphics and they have not mentioned anything about whether integrated graphics chips will support this. They certainly will not support the new real time raytrace feature as this requires a fairly powerful Nvidia RTX card. Also, Intel has recently released a new series of integrated graphics chips that perform much better than the old HD series, but again CA has not indicated anything concerning these. Might be best to contact CA to see what they have to say, would be very disappointing to purchase a new laptop and find then find out that CA does not support this type of graphics.

• Upvote 1

check out Microsoft Surface Pro

can work as laptop or tablet

get the docking station for at home with larger screen and audio and more usb ports etc

gets as much ram as possible

not sure if video card can do raytracing ?

check specs with CA sales or tech support

Lew