X12

winterdd

I am about to upgrade to X12 from X11. I still have ongoing projects started in X11. Someone on the forum recently sent me a plan file to look at from X12. It wouldn't let me open it stating it was from a newer version. When i upgrade will i still be able to work X11 projects? I don't intend on keeping two versions loaded on my PC and save hard drive space.

Older versions of the program can't read any files written by any newer versions.  

X12 can read any files written from Version 10 and newer.  The older the version, the more likely you will have to do some manual work correcting issues.  Please feel to send tech support a report if you ever find a problem with an older file brought into the newest version.

You can continue to run X11 and X12 if you like.  If you open an X11 plan in X12 and save it, you will not be able to open it up in X11 again.  The program will automatically create a backup of your X11 plan for you but many people like to use their own file management system.

There is a lot of very helpful information about migrating here:

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x12-migration-guide.pdf