Deck Border

DeilyContractors

Hello! I am a very new used of Chief Architect.  I am trying to create a deck border. I have gone through and changed the specs in the dialogue box to change it to "border"  However, I was only able to do it on one side of the deck. (I divided the "room" in two).  See attached.  Any feedback you can give would be appreciated.

K Deck 2.jpg

K Deck.jpg

11 minutes ago, DeilyContractors said:

Yes, I did try that.  The dialog box allows me to set the borders, but I don't see the change in the deck plank plan view or the 3d views. 

Most likely you made a manual change and that turned off automatic deck rebuild.  Check that and see if that gets you to where you need to be.  After your planking is right then you can retain framing and adjust the deck framing how you want it.

11 minutes ago, DeilyContractors said:

Thank you!!  Again, I am new to Chief Architect so I don't even know if I did this right.  

Kulikowski Deck_2.plan

image.thumb.png.67d0009247ba0a8be79b0ec468a3d1da.pngIt has to do with your railing where it attaches to the house.  Try lining it up with the edge of the house.  If you are trying to offset your posts check out the offset newel setting.

7 minutes ago, DeilyContractors said:

Thank you!

YW.  BTW if you want just the two boards in the middle for the border I believe you need to remove the two manually and manually lengthen the interior planks.  But with the tools you can do it pretty quickly by manually selecting them and extending to a cad line in plan view.