More Wall Clean Up, Frame To Cmu

ACADuser

To fix that you either use the EDIT WALL LAYER INTERSECTIONS tool,  or you make sure you have the same number of layers of materials of two walls that intesect.

The best method would be the EDIT WALL LAYER INTERSECTIONS tool,  this is what this tool is for.

post-50-0-11499300-1416321166_thumb.jpg

To fix that you either use the EDIT WALL LAYER INTERSECTIONS tool,  or you make sure you have the same number of layers of materials of two walls that intesect.

The best method would be the EDIT WALL LAYER INTERSECTIONS tool,  this is what this tool is for.

Cripes Scott, I can't get those results with the Edit Wall Layer tool. I believe the OP said pretty much the same. Did you adjust the wall defs at all?

Cripes Scott, I can't get those results with the Edit Wall Layer tool. I believe the OP said pretty much the same. Did you adjust the wall defs at all?

Actually,  I think I did adjust the wall defaults.  I believe there was a wall where he had several layers defined as MAIN LAYER.  But I do not think this would effect the adjustmest that I made but I could be wrong.

To restate,  to be on the safe side,  the OP needs to eliminate some of the MAIN WALL LAYERS in wall def box,  and then use the EDIT WALL LAYER INTERSECTION tool.

Yes, I agree with Scott, the wall def Main Layers are part of the problem. You may notice that with X6 the default ICF wall defs have all three wall layers (insulation form, concrete, insulation form) defined as main layers. This provides the convenience of interior walls not framing through to the concrete core. So, wall defs and main layers need to be in the equation when you're cleaning up wall intersections.

Scott,

I did use the EDIT WALL LAYER INTERSECTIONS tool, but could not get your results.

Also made the CMU the only main layer, no joy. BTW the wall was stock CA definition. They had all the Main Layer checks.

Alan that may be a solution but I have a problem with an actual stucco layer. I do not want any dimensions to the stucco, only to the CMU.

We never measure to stucco surface on exterior walls.

Thanks for your time.

So for that to work, set only the CMU as main layer and set Auto Exterior dimension to Main Layer?

And when you draw a new wall it ignores the stucco layer for snapping?

PS I see a "Dimension to this line: in the wall dialog that controls the dimension snap to.

Can't find what makes the drywall line visible in some drawings & not in others.