Does Chief have a style templets like home home designer?

divreig

Has any one used home designer?  When you first start a new plan it gives you default styles templets you can choose form. Wondering if Chief has something like this or a library we can download them?  Screen shot attached if that's helpful. 

- Thanks! 

2020-11-18.png

• Upvote 1

Chief X12 ships with "templates"....each template has different cabinets, doors, windows, exterior wall colors or materials.

Templates that ship with Chief;

- American Casual.plan

- Colonial.plan

- Arts and Crafts.plan

- Mediterranean Influence.plan

- Cottage.plan

Just to name a few... 

10 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Chief X12 ships with "templates"

I might be wrong Steve but I don't think they are all being shipped any more.

Could you have brought those templates forward ?

Take a look here:   C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X12 (64 bit)\Templates

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

I might be wrong Steve but I don't think they are all being shipped any more.

Could you have brought those templates forward ?

Take a look here:   C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X12 (64 bit)\Templates

They removed the Plan Templates which were basically just cabinets of each type, in X10 but in X11 I think they brought them back as "Cabinet Styles Templates" which is what Steve is referring too.

image.thumb.png.20e644b429fc8ccd8ffd3f1b173ec731.png

I have been using HD2020 2021 Pro for a year,,,I have the trial version of Chief X12...you can easily open the  design templates in HD Pro from X12...and then draw in X12...the files are found in the HD pro/data/templates folder...I have not tried to do this using a trial version of HD Pro...hope this helps

Good luck

Regards

Rick

@Kbird1

I have no idea if I've brought the templates forward...but, they all appear in my X12 template directory. I had no idea Chief had eliminated templates.

I always tell new users to use the "residential" template to start out with, make a copy of it and start making it their own template. I never use any of the other templates. They are just there...like the sun in the sky. B)

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

@Kbird1

I have no idea if I've brought the templates forward...but, they all appear in my X12 template directory. I had no idea Chief had eliminated templates.

I always tell new users to use the "residential" template to start out with, make a copy of it and start making it their own template. I never use any of the other templates. They are just there...like the sun in the sky. B)

there is a thread here somewhere on the forum where I posted the old "Style" template files from x9 ...so not sure if you got those or brought them forward when Migrating to newer Versions.

M.

23 hours ago, solver said:

Have you?

Yes but after i posted i just copied the plan files form HD to x12 and it worked fine. Still should have some sort of library to share between users or even for pmt. I am just to lazy for these details I normally don't do the interior design work and just want my rendering to look not so blah like the default templet. 

10 minutes ago, divreig said:

Yes but after i posted i just copied the plan files form HD to x12 and it worked fine. Still should have some sort of library to share between users or even for pmt. I am just to lazy for these details I normally don't do the interior design work and just want my rendering to look not so blah like the default templet. 

I think maybe it got to the point that Premier users were not inclined to make use of the stock templates because most of us have so many other default settings and content that to change styles is not significant and usually needs to be customized for each custom build any way.

If that is not the case for you maybe @Kbird1 could find and provide the link to the X9 files he was referring to and you could add them to your library.

With the invent of Style Palettes in X12 it kind of becomes a moot point anyways.  As mentioned above a premier user usually has spent many hours fine tuning their template and wants all their settings on every job so they would be better off taking advantage of setting up style palettes to make the changes.

• Like 1