CenterLine Symbol for NKBA Standards

WWDesign

Hi,

New to Chief Architect and a Mac Use with Version 2021.  I can't seem to find the Centerline Symbol in this program, yet when I google it, some videos show the symbol in Dimensions.  However, nothing is there for this symbol in this version.   Please advise.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 9.07.56 AM.png

10 minutes ago, WWDesign said:

Hi,

New to Chief Architect and a Mac Use with Version 2021.  I can't seem to find the Centerline Symbol in this program, yet when I google it, some videos show the symbol in Dimensions.  However, nothing is there for this symbol in this version.   Please advise.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 9.07.56 AM.png

Welcome to the forum!  We would very much appreciate it and you will be more successful in seeking assistance if you fill out your signature line.  There are many posts on how to do it if you need assistance.

To help you out I just wanted to mention the importance of using proper terminology as in this post many will have moved on and here is why.  You Say version 2021 which is indicative of the Home Designer Pro 2021 software by Chief Architect which is a very stripped down version of Chief Architect Premier x12 (which you show in your picture.)  Very concise and specific requests and screen shots like you did here are also very helpful in getting your answers.

Now to help answer your question here.  The icon above the tape measure that has the CL is the centerline dimension tool that if you have it set to snap to centers properly in your defaults OOB for the kitchen and bath saved plan view you will use nkba dimension defaults (currently you are in the working plan view instead of Kitchen and Bath).  This tool will snap to centers of cabinets or appliances/fixtures as needed, it will also snap to sides so you can edit exactly what you want to be called out with it.