Recommend method to change color scheme

GeneDavis

Client wants exterior views showing about a dozen different color schemes for the siding and trim.

He'll go with Benjamin Moore and the source is their excellent site which shows pro-chosen mixes for main body, accent, and trim.  We've got clapboard, siding trim, window and door trim, board and batten gables (material region 3d battens, soffit, fascia, and a porch ceiling.

Using the B-M pages with Chief's eyedropper to make colors is easy.

New .plan file for each new scheme?

I typically just take a single camera, paint all visible elements with the appropriate colors, export image, paint with next scheme, export image, paint with next scheme, export image, etc.  You may want to use multiple cameras to provide different vantage points but the basic idea remains the same.  Cameras remain in fixed position.  

It’s easy enough to change colors once the client decides what they want.  The problem with multiple files is that it’s a lot more problematic if you start wanting to change or fix little things since it would necessitate that you make the same changes to all versions of the plan.   

50 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

FYI...I just loaded a RT image and it works. I got a little sloppy with the surface chooser, but it works.

image.thumb.png.fcb2cc5bde5bb115843bc9b532650006.png

image.thumb.png.081d028ab81f21ab8cf0f1f8a2af41f0.png

Nice , and even better the Client can do the Work himself... :) 

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Using the B-M pages with Chief's eyedropper to make colors is easy.

Chief has a BeniMoore Library....... maybe not all the colours though?

Mick.