Kicking A** on X6 with the MAC

dshall

I hope you PC guys are experiencing this too,  but I just want to say that working on the MAC in X6 is getting quicker and quicker every day.  Not to say there aren't a few hiccups here and there,  but for the most part this program is working.  I hope you PC guys are seeing the same thing.

And for you folks out there who are having PERSISTENT issues,  it is probably not the program,  it is probably you or your hardware.

CA ain't perfect yet,  but I had a real good day  with very few issues coming up.  I just want you guys to understand that CA should probably be working for you......  for the most part CA works well ......  but not perfect.

Scott - 

i'm pretty happy with things - x6 seems ti run great, but I'm still gonna go get a new box - I want a gang of cores so I can do renders in 5 minutes......

hows ur mac at renders?

Remember Mike, I am the Father of the crappy ray trace, 3 minutes and I'm done. Did 7 today in under 35 minutes and they look great for my purposes. For every exterior ray trace I manipulate the sun angle to maximize the look, 13.2 seconds per ray trace, hit the HJ quick key, badda bing, I'm ray tracing. Whilst that is working, a quick HB to take another shot, repeat previous instructions, stir, preheat oven to 350 and let them cook. Export the jpegs and send to client along with PDF of plans.

The only thing that hangs me up is the printing to PDF, must deactivate license on Mac so I can go to PC to print. Depending on the mood of my PC, that can be a 5 minute process or a 25 minute debacle. Did I say I hate my PC?

The only thing that hangs me up is the printing to PDF, must deactivate license on Mac so I can go to PC to print. Depending on the mood of my PC, that can be a 5 minute process or a 25 minute debacle. Did I say I hate my PC?

Printing to PDF on my Mac is very quick.  I just did a four page layout, including a floor overview, in less than two seconds. I wonder what the difference is.  Do you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat?

Printing to PDF on my Mac is very quick.  I just did a four page layout, including a floor overview, in less than two seconds. I wonder what the difference is.  Do you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat?

It's not the amount of time it takes to print,  my speed is probably comparable,  it's the size of the PDF.  How large s that PDF you just created?

None

Well,  do you want to help me install a microwave over the stove in the rental?  I barely know how a screwdriver works and somehow I have to figure this out.  Been watching lots of youtube videos on the process.

If I don't show up tomorrow morning it's probably because I forgot to turn off the circuit breaker..........  turn off circuit breaker.....   turn off circuit breaker.....   turn off circuit breaker......  turn off circuit breaker......  turn off circuit breaker,.....

Well,  do you want to help me install a microwave over the stove in the rental?  I barely know how a screwdriver works and somehow I have to figure this out.  Been watching lots of youtube videos on the process.

If I don't show up tomorrow morning it's probably because I forgot to turn off the circuit breaker..........  turn off circuit breaker.....   turn off circuit breaker.....   turn off circuit breaker......  turn off circuit breaker......  turn off circuit breaker,.....

If you're serious, 

Is there a microwave there now?

No micro now, took out hood yesterday. 3 wires there, must connect to convenience outlet, then mount outlet and micro, put plugs in holes out outlet, turn elec back on and then watch Tiger make a come back. Sounds easy....

I don't know, all I know is, I had to hire an electrician to fix it. That's how scary I am. Penny says she will never let me do that again, in fact she doesn't let me do a lot of things since 1976 when a lawn mower ran over my foot and split one sneaker in half, I didn't want to look at my foot

but had to and everything (my foot) was untouched.

From an electrical standpoint, I would recommend installing a new 20 amp 12/2 dedicated circuit to the microwave.

By three wires, do you mean black, white, ground, or three cables.  Cables would be 12/2  wires.

The outlet is usually installed inside the cabinet above the microwave, not behind it.  

The microwave will come with a template to mount the back plate and a template for the cabinet to drill the holes.

It usually takes two people, one to hold the microwave and one to install install the screws from the cabinet down into the top of the appliance.

It's done guys, not a bad word was uttered . No dedicated circuit, crhord thru upper cab to outlet. Lynn came by and helped. Taking hood down yesterday, lady stumbled by, looking to rent a place, we had place to rent, did deal today. Productive weekend.