Windows Heap clearing not working?

PMMully

Hi, I followed the instructions/articles on how to clear the windows debugging heap, but after I run the commands and reboot it has no effect. Running Windows 10 with the latest patches, same with CA12.

I did find my video card memory is lacking which may be the cause of my crashes in 3D, but it is not consistent.

If you ran the Command in the Article from an Administrator Command Prompt and it hasn't worked it is probably best you call Tech. support Tomorrow for more help.

there have been a few other reports of the FTH problem , so make sure to search the Forum for other info too.

maybe worth putting your hardware specs in your sig. with an issue like this....

Link. to KB Article incase someone needs it in the Future :

Message: Windows Fault Tolerant Heap (FTH) has been enabled for this application. (chiefarchitect.com)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

If you ran the Command in the Article from an Administrator Command Prompt and it hasn't worked it is probably best you call Tech. support Tomorrow for more help.

there have been a few other reports of the FTH problem , so make sure to search the Forum for other info too.

maybe worth putting your hardware specs in your sig. with an issue like this....

Link. to KB Article incase someone needs it in the Future :

Message: Windows Fault Tolerant Heap (FTH) has been enabled for this application. (chiefarchitect.com)

There is NOTHING negative in Mick's post. Whoever marked it with the red down arrow is being merely suppressive. I know of NO ONE more helpful and knowledgeable on this forum, than KBird or Mick, knock that off, please!

DJP

40 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

There is NOTHING negative in Mick's post. Whoever marked it with the red down arrow is being merely suppressive. I know of NO ONE more helpful and knowledgeable on this forum, than KBird or Mick, knock that off, please!

DJP

Thanks David , appreciate the post , I was concerned the OP may think I was somehow giving bad information based only on the downvote.

Mick.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 3:06 PM, Kbird1 said:

Thanks David , appreciate the post , I was concerned the OP may think I was somehow giving bad information based only on the downvote.

Mick.

This is the first I checked back since I posted. I do not believe it was me that gave the thumb down unless I accidentally clicked it. But I agree, @Kbird1 is always helpful to me. :-), keep it up brother!

Update, the reason the heap clear command is NOT work was that I did not run the command prompt in Admin mode. There was no feedback when running the command in normal mode so I had no idea. The only reason I noted it was doing additional troubleshooting like the file checker, etc. it mentioned the admin mode.

Actually, my video card does have the required memory.

Thanks all!

11 hours ago, PMMully said:

This is the first I checked back since I posted. I do not believe it was me that gave the thumb down unless I accidentally clicked it. But I agree, @Kbird1 is always helpful to me. :-), keep it up brother !

That's the Plan :) .....

And no problem here ...I know it was not you with the downvote....