Viewing or overlaying multiple floors

BnCKelley

There's this thing in tools called Reference Display.  Find it and fiddle with it for 30 minutes or so.

I know you've no web connection so you cannot access Help or watch training videos, but somehow with your phone, you post here.

I can watch training vids on my phone.  Can you?  

I use my phone for everything, I hotspot but don't have a ton of data available for it. I can't sit on the internet all the time and it's a little of a pain to take screenshots or such, download to my phone just to post. I watch all training videos on my phone it's just getting pics for reference that I'm not really doing. Thanks

Lol, Gene helped. I found what he was referring to and it popped up the floor above which helped. I'll try to figure out more about this command later. Thanks for checking in. I know how to search, heck it's what I do first for about the first 3 or 4 topics I can come up with but when I can't find the answer, I result to what I think would be the quickest. I am extremely screwed on time for the next 2-3 months of my life, I have people dragging out changes every other day of their life, people waiting on rough drafts, and the worst part is my lack of family time. I'm actually trying to grow this into a business for my wife and she gets it, but my son does not. I have a 40 hour a week day job and then I come home and work till midnight. Plus, I can't just take off watching videos shooting from the hip. Then I've wasted time watching the wrong video, 1 doesn't tell all and sometimes doesn't explain with enough detail to answer the main question at hand. I thought it was fortunate that people are still up and reading forums on the other side of the continent that can help but dang I'm just asking for a, "okay, go here, click this and do this." Gene helped, at least I got the command to try and read about later. I mainly start with the help, it doesn't require internet, then I'll look for a SHORT video. But you'd think a question would just be the quickest and best. It's like asking the Riddler or Cliff from Cheers or maybe Wilson from Home Improvement. This is also why I'd like to have that one friend that knows a decent amount, doesn't have to be a genius, but I could pm and just get an answer. I know if you asked me how to degree a camshaft, setup an 8-3/4 rear end or build a Holley carb heck, I'd make you a video if that's what it took. I'm just swamped but blessed with the work, everyone wants it while banks are giving away money and I'm just trying to get it done asap. Any and all help is appreciated!

• Like 1

The help system that is installed with the program will be one of your best tools.  It basically has all of the same information that is contained in the reference manual.  Any time you are in a dialog and have questions about a control, note that you have help button.  Any time you have a question about a tool, you can also just hit F1 and hopefully it will bring up the info you need.  It also has it's own search tools but it may not always be easy to know what to search for.

Unfortunately, the help system is only going to explain how tools work but it doesn't really explain how to use them.  The training videos do a much better job of that but with limited internet access that may be more challenging. 

This forum is probably your best alternative.  Every time you post, someone will probably ask you to post a plan or picture so that they can better understand the problem.  Since that may also be a problem with limited internet, you might want to add something to your signature letting people know you have limited internet access. 

I also recommend that you always make posts that are as simple and clear as possible.  I think your first post on this thread is a good example of this.  Your last post has a lot of words with no breaks which will tend to get a TLDR (too long didn't read) response from people.  Even just a couple of paragraph breaks can make a world of difference.

• Upvote 1