Quick way to change default wall type

jonow6

Anyone know of a quick way to change between wall types?..

I know you can just do Ctr+E and do it through the DBX, but just wonder if there is a way to put the wall type drop-down in a tool pallet.

That way you could either select a wall in your plan and use the drop-down to change the wall, or if you have the wall tool active but don't have a wall selected you could change the type in the drop-down and that would become your default wall type.

Opening and closing DBX's gets old fast :P

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, solver said:

Wall may be saved in the library.

Once this is done you can Make your Own Toolbar(s) by assigning the different Walls to Place Library Icons  but there is no way to make a Dropdown as far as I know.....  ( I normally Drop a Empty Toolbar 1st then drop the other Place Library Icons onto it, to get one toolbar when finished ) 

*** No need for them to be "Default" this way

image.thumb.png.df4b4dfb0291884dc5c4aa428a2e4aa7.pngimage.thumb.png.bdbbbb4f96b617c018b3fc0de3f9b4d2.png  

• Like 1

Thanks guys, that is a good workaround. I have my common walls to my library w/ toolbar shortcuts. Was also hoping for a way to make changes to existing walls as well.

Maybe it's something to pitch to CA. Wish the basic options weren't buried in DBX's...

3 hours ago, jonow6 said:

Was also hoping for a way to make changes to existing walls as well.

Only way to do that is Change the Wall Definition the Existing Walls are using , so it changes then in Plan. 

AFAIK you can't group select certain Wall Types just Walls , you can't even pick exterior or interior only it seems by Shift Selecting them.

M.