Floor Heights and veneer problems

mpatalsky

I'm chasing my tail on trying to get my model to build they way I want it.  I have attached the plan with a CAD "wall detail" on how I would like it to build.  One of the problems I have when I try to get the garage floor to be on top of the stem wall, it says it has a negative room value.

I also for some reason the material for the lower pony wall is being put way below grade.  I can not figure it out and any help would be much appreciated! 

Mike

Weston Full Basement.plan

To fix the garage issue, go to Level 1 and open the garage room dbx, then change:

dbx1.thumb.PNG.4ec87f7645967c88cbfb0ea41359f999.PNG

To fix the basement issue, go to Level 0 and open the basement room dbx, then change:

dbx2.thumb.PNG.bfbdc8d148fd4c24eee34e743c9527fa.PNG

To fix the pony wall issue, open the lower wall type definition dbx and change the brick ledge depth to 0":

dbx3.thumb.PNG.bbb72746fcd3e69c26385bd1a5fd523e.PNG

These changes should give you this:

section.thumb.PNG.39dd31f0b169a5f57b1e62538c6bce18.PNG

There may be a more elegant way to set up the model, but these changes should achieve your short-term goals. Good luck.

That didn't work for me.  When I tried to input your numbers, it would make others change and that's the reason it feels like I'm chasing my tail.  It won't let me keep all of the inputs without changing ones I just put in.  Also, your numbers aren't what I am trying to do.  The garage floor should be on top of the 2' garage stem wall.  I have attached the detail.

Wall Detail.jpg

1 hour ago, mpatalsky said:

I also for some reason the material for the lower pony wall is being put way below grade.  I can not figure it out and any help would be much appreciated! 

It's messed up due to the other problem and should self correct once you sort it out ....it did for me....not sure why you have a Ponywall there though ?

1 hour ago, mpatalsky said:

One of the problems I have when I try to get the garage floor to be on top of the stem wall, it says it has a negative room value.

You have the Garage Foundation set to provide the Floor for the Garage and some of the settings don't make sense ......

Uncheck Floor Supplied by foundation and reset the Numbers above , then go to the Foundation Room and uncheck has Floor and also

remove the Floor Slab and Ceiling materials as well.

image.thumb.png.d39b029b751acd5297b962bc0e409bc1.png  gets image.thumb.png.280a49a5dfb5148458dc18f5686a9e47.png

image.thumb.png.2d51b1221588f7c1eb60739a4c746e54.png gets image.thumb.png.84a29821da3eac1c672841f2930c1d2f.png

image.thumb.png.5f77df9a7334033c2a86c4a36113b8d5.png

Thanks guys, the check mark for floor supplied... was it.  I figured out the pony wall thing too.  

One other thing I've noticed from on of the Chief updates is that the perspective full overview standard view has a lot less detail shown.  i have to do a rendering to get a half decent pic.  Mick, I see your overview looks good.  Is that a render?  I have attached my view.  Is there a setting I changed?

Exterior.jpg

39 minutes ago, mpatalsky said:

the check mark for floor supplied... was it

If you normal build this way when you check the Room to assign it as a garage , make sure CA doesn't also set the Monolithic Slab box automatically too.

40 minutes ago, mpatalsky said:

Mick, I see your overview looks good.  Is that a render?  I have attached my view.  Is there a setting I changed?

I didn't do anything special , it's your Plan but it seems you may have toggled of Textures in 3D views as I don't see the Gable Shingles in your Pic....

M.