different wall types corner connection override method?

GintOtis

Hello,

I have four corners all with different wall types that need to be controlled.  Each one of my wall types has been upgraded to be a 'partition'.1559965832_frontwall.thumb.JPG.1e840a386493fc906270acb9857cdea3.JPG

For instance, the concrete partition wall needs to be pulled-back to allow the Brick-6" wall to pass in front of it.

Also, that Brick-6" front pony wall needs to extend up to, but not beyond, the centerlines. (townhouses to be reflected)

I've tried room dividers and wall breaks with no luck, and crazy results.

How are controlled wall intersections really done? 

Thanks for any ideas!

-gint

11 minutes ago, GintOtis said:

Hello,

I have four corners all with different wall types that need to be controlled.  Each one of my wall types has been upgraded to be a 'partition'.1559965832_frontwall.thumb.JPG.1e840a386493fc906270acb9857cdea3.JPG

For instance, the concrete partition wall needs to be pulled-back to allow the Brick-6" wall to pass in front of it.

Also, that Brick-6" front pony wall needs to extend up to, but not beyond, the centerlines. (townhouses to be reflected)

I've tried room dividers and wall breaks with no luck, and crazy results.

How are controlled wall intersections really done? 

Thanks for any ideas!

-gint

Check out in the wall structures tab "through wall at start and end"  Also there is a tool when the wall is selected that looks like a dark blue L in the edit menu that allows you to edit individual layers of the wall to overlap for example allow the brick to pass in front of the concrete wall but not the framed wall.  But check out the help files about those tools.

Thanks, Ryan.  The "through wall" toggles didn't appear to do anything for me.  The "edit wall layer Intersections" would be the way to do it - it worked on two types of walls - except it does not allow for a custom drag length (it just allows for lengths that are related to the walls around it)  So, the key would be to have the Edit wall layer intersections command have a CTRL key, free form, functionality.

-g.