Roof Overhangs

RenoByDesign

When I'm building my roof, I put in a dimension for my roof overhang and it doesn't matter what number I put in the dialog box, it only draws it at 20" deep. What am I doing wrong? I need to fix this so I can draw my roof lines correctly and send out for a roofing quote. I am using Chief Architect Premier X12.

Thank you, Melissa

Roof Overhang_elevation.JPG

Roof Overhang_dialog box.JPG

No. When I used the build roof option, I put that I wanted the overhangs at 26" deep as that is what the current house is... but it keeps drawing them at 20" and it won't change no matter what overhang dimension I put in there. I am new to Chief so I'm hoping is an easy/simple error on my part.

So I did the wrench thing like you all suggest, and it does change it correctly on my hip roofs but not my gable roofs. Do you know why it changes it on one roof and not the other?

And thank you everyone, I had no idea about the base lines and that the overhangs were marked off of that!!

2 hours ago, RenoByDesign said:

I had no idea about the base lines and that the overhangs were marked off of that!!

they are actually measured of the Main Layer , which also happens to be the same line the Baseline Uses ... the framing in a lot of cases.

When in doubt hit F1 ( Help App )  for more Info too

image.thumb.png.ed6ce1004828e30c218cc7155c17a0e7.png

2 hours ago, RenoByDesign said:

it does change it correctly on my hip roofs but not my gable roofs

Are the Gable Walls set to Default too ?  and did you change the Gable Default distance to the same as the Eave Default Distance ?

M.