Center line dimensions

mountaineer

Hi guys.  Chief x12 user, been at it a while but still consider myself a beginner.

Is there a way to draw centerline dimensions on the exterior and only pick up perimeter walls and center of window openings without picking up the interior walls into the dimension line?  Thanks in advance.

Thank you.  I'm able to designate what openings get dimensioned and how.  I'm just not able to pick up exterior walls without picking up interior walls as well.  I'm trying to just get my window centerline dimensions from the corner of my perimeter wall without picking up the interior walls as well.  I haven't found anywhere to make that adjustment.  Thanks for your reply and assistance.

22 hours ago, mountaineer said:

I haven't found anywhere to make that adjustment.

Are we talking about Auto Exterior Dimensions here ? ....... If I understand correctly?  there is a setting in Defaults for doing exactly that...........

image.thumb.png.1120cb62e51f5ae16275cf9f65f804f5.png

38 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Don't think he meant auto, because he said "pull."

But why pull when you can set things up and auto-dimension with one click?

Ahhh okay I missed the pull part , so I guess he is using Manual Dimensions...

I usually use Auto Exterior ( with my own Defaults set )  and the Interior Dimension Tool to "pull" my own Room Dimensions as it usually easier that placing Auto Interiros and deleting all the "extras" since it seems to place a dimension for every wall which means a lot of double ups...

M.