Rotate Spherical Background?

Lakeside-E

17 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Here are some recent discussions on the topic:

Hope that helps.

That was a lot of content to get through with many rabbit holes to jump into... I can see that the topic of background orientation is not a new one, but there also do not seem to be any great work around options currently either. I will reiterate that one should not have to rotate an entire plan to accommodate a background image, spherical or 360.  It would seem to be a simple ask to unlock the orientation of any given backdrop and rotate it vs everything, hopefully this can be addressed in a future update. Until then I'll try editing the background slice to be where i need it and see if that works for a spherical image.

30 minutes ago, Lakeside-E said:

That was a lot of content to get through with many rabbit holes to jump into... I can see that the topic of background orientation is not a new one, but there also do not seem to be any great work around options currently either. I will reiterate that one should not have to rotate an entire plan to accommodate a background image, spherical or 360.  It would seem to be a simple ask to unlock the orientation of any given backdrop and rotate it vs everything, hopefully this can be addressed in a future update. Until then I'll try editing the background slice to be where i need it and see if that works for a spherical image.

Yes unfortunately these are all workarounds for a tool that was never finished.  You may be able to get one of the methods that others have used to work for you in a specific situation but they rarely work in all situations.  If you have time now that you are up to date on the topic you could post a summary in suggestions so that chief can improve their software.

21 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes unfortunately these are all workarounds for a tool that was never finished.  You may be able to get one of the methods that others have used to work for you in a specific situation but they rarely work in all situations.  If you have time now that you are up to date on the topic you could post a summary in suggestions so that chief can improve their software.

I bumped up a post by Rene Rabbit from a few versions ago for enhancements for PBR and it did have some background rotational items on the list. I might add my own specifically focusing on the background orientation. Seems like it would be a simple thing to incorporate. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 11/10/2020 at 9:16 AM, Lakeside-E said:

Yes, as with many online forms people are more interested in letting you know that you don't know how to search for things then they are with actually answering. I came across this also trying to figure it out. Half this software is trying to find work arounds :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Ebb001 said:

Yes, as with many online forms people are more interested in letting you know that you don't know how to search for things then they are with actually answering. I came across this also trying to figure it out. Half this software is trying to find work arounds :)

At least its only half.